Mark J. Bluer, Esq.
In his over 25 years of practicing law, Mark J. Bluer has had a broad range of legal experience, in both the United States and in China. After four years of intensive work experience as an insurance defense litigator at a San Francisco-based law firm, Mark shifted his focus to China-related law so as to capitalize on his fluency in Mandarin Chinese (both written as well as spoken). From 1995 – 2000, Mark practiced as a foreign lawyer in Beijing, China, where he advised clients in the areas of direct foreign investment, joint venture formation, technology transfer, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals and information technology. Upon returning to the United States in 2000, Mark became the founding partner of Bluer & Bluer, LLP (formerly, “Pacific Century Law Group”), where he represents individuals and businesses in employment matters, personal injury cases and business related lawsuits.
Mark graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1984 with a double major in Business Economics and History. In 1985-86, he underwent an intensive course in Mandarin Chinese at the Taipei Language Institute. In 1990, Mark received his J.D. degree from Santa Clara University, School of Law.
Mark J. Bluer’s Involvement in China
- Has been speaking and reading Chinese for over 25 years; lived abroad in China and Taiwan for 7 years.
- Has represented Chinese individuals and businesses both in the United States and China for the past 20 years.
- Has extensive legal experience assisting businesses in direct foreign investments in China.
- Served as Chief Editor of the General Motor’s sponsored English Translation of the Contract Law of the People’s Republic of China.
- Served as an Independent Director and Corporate Secretary for AXM Pharma, Inc., a corporation formerly listed on the American Stock Exchange (“AXJ”), which manufactures and sells pharmaceutical products in China (2004-2006.)